Join us at the SEIBA Build My Future event this spring!
SEIBA invites all 7th-grade students to a day of exploration and hands-on learning at the Agri-sports arena on the SCC campus. The Build My Future event is a way to provide hands on construction related hands on activities to area 7th graders to inspire them to look into a construction career.
What to Expect
● Tool Showcase: Get hands-on with various tools used in construction.
● Equipment Showcase: Explore a variety of construction equipment up close.
● Exterior Construction: Try your hand at exterior related construction activities.
● Interior Construction: Give interior construction skills a try in a variety of hands-on activities.
● Discover New Skills: Unleash your potential by trying something new.
● Explore Career Paths: Start thinking about your future and the exciting possibilities ahead.
● Hands-On Experience: From hammers to saws, experience it firsthand!
● Date: Late spring
● Venue: Agri-sports arena, SCC campus
● Groups: Morning and Afternoon sessions available
● Activities: Over 60 hands-on stations across the four categories
Who Can Participate?
Open to all 7th-grade students! Encourage your school to be a part of this unique opportunity.
Note: This event is not about training; it’s about exposure and sparking 7th grader’s interest in the world of construction.
Let’s build a brighter future together! #SEIBABuildMyFuture #HandsOnLearning
Schools and Educators:
Educators, if you would like to have your school’s 7th grade participate in Build My Future event this year please complete the School Intent to Participate Form. After completing the form we will send a request for shirt sizes. All students will receive a free Build My Future shirt to wear the day of the event.
Complete School Intent To Participate Form – CLICK HERE
Business and Industry Partner:
Exhibitors are an essential part of making the Build My Future event happen. Exhibitors are the companies and organizations that provide the hands-on activities for the 7th grade students an opportunity to explore the construction industry. Completing this form is not a commitment to particpate. We are just wanting to gather interest and contact information for possible exhibitors.
Complete Exhibitor Interest Form – CLICK HERE
As you can see by the video and pictures, this is a great event for students. But is also a lot of work to provide these hands-on activities and keep things running smooth. We have several ways you can help the day of the event. If you are interested in helping out as a volunteer the day of the event please complete voluteer sign-up form.
Volunteer Sign-Up Form – CLICK HERE